The Dinosaur Society
Registered Charity No:1040057
For General Queries:
To Subscribe to Newsletters:
The Dinosaur Society, C/o Gnoll House, 15 Forster Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 9AE
To encourage everyone to learn about and enjoy the fascination of dinosaurs, and to support the work of people engaged in forwarding the science of palaeontology.
Sir David Attenborough CVO, CBE, FRS
Richard Moody, Jeff Liston.
The Dinosaur Society UK is looking for YOU!
Did You Know
- On average a new dinosaur is discovered every seven weeks.
- British scientists were among the very first to research into dinosaurs more than 150 years ago.
- Half of all known dinosaurs were discovered during the last twenty years.
Dinosaur science is in grave danger! Britain has only a handful of researchers who can devote the majority of their time to dinosaur research. Many countries, from the UK and the USA to Mongolia and China are forced to forego field research, preparation, exhibitions and publications, because they lack sufficient resources.
That is why some of the UK’s leading palaeontologists, with a little help from the Dinosaur Society in America, formed The Dinosaur Society, the only educational dinosaur science charity in the country. With your help we can achieve these aims:
- Advance the education of the general public in the scientific aspects of dinosaurs, palaeontology and earth science generally.
- Support interpretative displays, travelling and permanent exhibitions and educational projects.
- Help fund palaeontology.
- Raise awareness and spread the profile of the science of palaeontology.
Remember the Dinosaur Society is YOUR society and we want to hear from you. If you have any comments, queries or ideas for articles please get in touch. We are always on the lookout for your stories, articles and suggestions for the website.